We are committed to hiring top quality people in every position in our company; our success depends on our employees and how well they serve our customers.
If you are interested in applying for any employment opportunities, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
This position is part of the solar product development team. The Mechanical Engineer will support new product design and development efforts including fixed tilt and trackers; support quotation activity; manage customer projects; and will work with customers to customize OMCO mounting products. Some travel may be required.
Essential Job Duties
- Work with the solar product engineering team to understand customer requirements, evaluate options, confirm manufacturability, and product CAD and SolidWorks designs for review.
- Participate in team work planning and take personal responsibility for performing tasks on schedule, or communicating roadblocks to find solutions.
- Develop racks and trackers for specific sites and other customer requirements.
- Create Fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, list of hardware and fully implement work instructions.
- Produce calculation packages.
- Work with third-party engineers to secure certifications.
- Identify and implement QA improvements for the design process.
- Perform simulations and analysis as needed.
- Support the manufacturing team as needed.
- Entry-Level Engineer: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years professional experience or completed internships in a similar role
- Proven ability to write and present clear and thorough reports
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Solid knowledge of construction methods for solar racks and trackers
- Experience with cold-formed steel design
- Working knowledge of ASCE, AISI, and solar-related UL standards
In order to excel in the job you will be required to gain full knowledge of:
- photovoltaic technology
- solar racks and trackers
- OMCO’s manufacturing capabilities
Will reflect a candidates experience and qualifications