We are committed to hiring top quality people in every position in our company; our success depends on our employees and how well they serve our customers.
If you are interested in applying for any employment opportunities, please send your resume to email@example.com
AutoCAD / Structural Drafter
Founded in 1955, OMCO is the largest custom roll forming company in the United States with locations in Alabama, Indiana, Ohio, and Arizona. Over the last 10 years our solar division, OMCO Solar, has fabricated over 7 GW of custom mounting structures for the utility solar power industry around the globe. OMCO has become a highly respected name in utility solar structural balance of systems. In January of 2017 OMCO launched the first of several proprietary product offerings for structural PV racking; increasing our footprint and participation in the utility solar power industry.
OMCO is seeking an associate to join our growing engineering team in our Phoenix office. This position is for the solar product development team. The AutoCAD Drafter will work with the engineering team and use SolidWorks and AutoCAD to design systems and components.
- Design components and assemblies in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Comply with OMCO and industry standards.
- Revise existing drawings.
- Understand OMCO manufacturing processes to ensure designs are manufacturable.
- Use proper tolerancing methods.
- Use established part numbering and drawing notations.
- Obtain required drawing approvals.
- Associates Degree in design/drafting or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years professional experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- SolidWorks experience a plus
- Proven ability to work independently and to complete tasks in a timely way
- Working knowledge of ASTM and other relevant standards
- Proven communication skills – written and verbal
- Proven teamwork skills are essential
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Professional references
- Knowledge of photovoltaic technology a plus
OMCO offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with match, 2 weeks PTO in first year.
Local candidates only please.
Relocation not paid.