JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
OMCO Solar is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing team in our Phoenix office. The Staff Accountant will function as a key member of the Accounting team. Reporting to the Plant Controller, this position will focus on maximizing plant profitability while maintaining strong accounting controls. The Staff Accountant will maintain the general ledger, review financial statements, research accounts, analyze financial records, prepare journal entries, develop spreadsheets and reports, perform monthly closing functions, and ensure the financial integrity of plant operations. This is a hands-on role requiring the successful candidate to work at a both detailed task level and higher management support level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2 plus years of experience in accounting / finance with general ledger responsibilities in a manufacturing environment (or similar)
- Experience in account analyzing accounting records and entities for accuracy and conformance to GAAP
- Experience in monthly closing and preparing financial statements
- Strong aptitude in ERP systems and MS Office applications
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Management Support:
- Provide financial information, analysis, and support to the location and corporate management team as required
- Contributes to the development, review, and implementation of the operating budget and performance projections.
- Responds to information requests, researches and interprets data, and answers accounting and financial questions.
- Up to 20% of the time may be spent providing quoting & estimating support to the Plant Controller.
- Works with Inventory / Production Control team to ensure accuracy of inventory transactions and production data.
- Much of the work may be project-based accounting.
- Complete financial analysis to monitor costs and financial position in key areas such as volumes, margins, scrap, utilities, labor, inventory, etc.
- Analyze plant income statement and inventory transactions to identify issues, report on performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Daily, weekly, and month-end activities as required to ensure a complete, accurate and timely close process.
- Assists with timely invoicing on projects & provides a detailed job cost report using Visual ERP and Excel reports.
- Maintains general ledger and transaction processing.
- Maintains monthly and annual account reconciliations & audit schedules.
- Ensures relevant accounting guidelines and policies are properly and consistently applied
- Coordinate with HR on payroll activity.
- Takes part in annual physical inventory process for tag entry and reconciliations
This is a Full-time salary exempt position. OMCO offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with match, 2 weeks PTO in first year and 10 paid holidays.
Reach out to Jennifer Marin Lopez – HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org for submittals and questions.