Advances in Partnerships, Projects and Technology Allow OMCO Solar to Build Robust Team
PHOENIX, AZ – February 8, 2021 – Despite a globally challenging year, OMCO Solar experienced substantial growth in 2020, gaining traction in the fixed-tilt rack and tracker market, establishing a number of key partnerships, and expanding into 25 states. This growth has allowed OMCO Solar to make investments in its engineering team with two new hires.
“The relationships we made, our increased project pipeline and delivering the ORIGIN tracker made 2020 an outstanding year for OMCO Solar,” said Eric Goodwin, OMCO’s Director of Solar Business Development. “We are excited to see what we can achieve as we enter 2021, a year that we hope will bring health and economic recovery. We will continue to make targeted investments to launch the company forward and maintain our growth trajectory.”
To increase OMCO Solar’s engineering capacities, Omar Paz joins as an electronics technician. His electro-mechanical knowledge and field support experience at companies like Intel Corp. and Delta Technology make him well-suited for working with existing and future OMCO Solar products, as well as serving customers.
Sailaja Radhakrishnan also joins OMCO Solar as a Product Engineer. With a decade of experience in solar, including testing and certification work at the Nationally Recognized Test Lab Solar PTL (formerly TÜV), she is ideal to support OMCO Solar’s tracker controls and product integration, helping customers optimize existing and new sites.
“Sailaja and Omar join our senior Electrical Engineer, Lepolve Varpilah, to accelerate product development while continuing to provide fast and excellent technical service to our customers,” said Matt Kesler, Director of Solar Technology.
OMCO’s 2020 achievements include:
- collaborating with First Solar, Merit SI, SMA-America and Pro Circuit Electrical Contracting to donate a rooftop solar array to the Flemington Area Food Pantry in New Jersey
- creating a strong nationwide base of installation partners including First Solar, Coldwell and Novel Energy Solutions to better serve customers and drive mutual business growth
- delivering more than 100 installations ranging from 20kW to 600MW
- designing a unique, award-winning dog bone and paw solar array for the Pedigree Ovens pet bakery in Illinois
- Winning six Florida utility-scale fixed-tilt projects with partner Moss Construction, including one for the Kennedy Space Center
Technology and Manufacturing
- delivering ORIGIN tracker to 30 projects in six states
- launching the bi-facial optimized module mount and updating tracker tooling
- increasing yearly manufacturing capacity to more than 3GW with a nationwide footprint
About OMCO Solar
OMCO Solar is America’s premier one-source, OEM manufacturer of solar tracker and mounting solutions for the community and utility-scale markets. The company’s expertise in fixed-tilt and single-axis tracker systems stems from decades of steel manufacturing, beginning in 1955 when OMCO Holdings, its parent company, was founded. To date, OMCO Solar has delivered over 8GW of factory-direct, high-quality solar mounting structures worldwide. With a manufacturing footprint spanning coast-to-coast, the company delivers their American-made solar solutions built from 100% US steel to developers nationwide. For more information, please visit OMCO Solar at www.omcosolar.com.
About OMCO Holdings
OMCO Holdings is the largest custom roll former in the United States. OMCO is also the industry frontrunner for the design and implementation of roll-forming efficiency and has been producing highly engineered shapes from simple to complex for a wide range of industries since 1955. Complementing its roll forming capabilities, OMCO has extensive capacity and expertise in progressive die stamping, in-factory mounting structure assembly, welding, tube manufacturing, and all aspects of metal fabrication.